Powered By Blogger

Friday 3 January 2014

Want to learn Spanish? Here are some excellent resources

I have been learning Spanish for 2 years now and I have recently started become more dedicated as I am visiting Spain later this year. Rather than spend big $ on some fancy new internet course, I thought I would share the resources that I regularly use:

 

www.duolingo.com  

Great free website. It basically by getting you to translate text on websites and funds itself using Crowdsourcing. I think its great for absolute beginners, as it gives a structured approach and has quite a modern reward system. Interestingly it seems quite similar to modern day computer games, with leveling up and constant audio and visual feedback.

 

www.123teachme.com

Excellent site for verb tables, free pdf exercises and games. The verb tables are especially comprehensive, I use them regularly. The word/verb of the day is fun, good way to slowly expand your vocabulary.

www.spanish.about.com 

Great explanations on grammar. Another great resource.

Another excellent resource is Total Spanish with the Michel Thomas Method (Michel Thomas Method Series) . Michel Thomas is a well known linguist who has a very interactive style of teaching, which will get you forming sentences quickly. Check it out!
Hope that helps. Any questions or suggestions please comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment